Hey All,
Just wanted to update all of you on my job interview last week. The interview went great and I decided to take the job. It is at a cafe and catering business in town named "Laurey's." They are a very cool company and though I have never worked food service, I feel like they are going to be a great fit. I will only be working Monday's and Tuesdays. Also this week I was offered "when ever I need it," painting work by a friend in town. That was a blessing and a curse and a prayer request. The blessing because it is always good to have options in the back pocket for supporting my family, but a curse in that the since of responsibility to provide for my family makes me feel as if I have to take every money making opportunity that comes my way. I need prayer that I will learn to balance my fears about providing for my family with faith that God will provide enough so that I can study. Thanks to all of you who prayed and asked about the job situation.
A couple of other prayer things. Kassie is going to be in Atlanta from the 14th through the 17th of August for a couple of photo shoots, but would like to book a couple more while she is down there. So if you know anyone who is looking to get portraits of any kind done in the Atlanta area then consider suggesting that weekend to them. Every photo session that Echoes Photography does is that many more hours that I get to spend studying. Second request: GREEK! I received the material for my first online class in the mail just as we were going out of town for vacation 2 weeks ago. I though I would begin this past week but some construction work took more days than I had imagined and now I plan to being this coming week. 2 weeks have now ticked off my online timelines and needless to say I am a bit intimidated by the reality of getting started. I need your prayer to realize that God has been faithful in bringing me to this place and will be faithful in providing the ability to learn and study. This is just another time in life when I have to come to the realization that jumping out of the boat is my part, walking on the water is the Lords. Right now Greek looks like a pretty big ocean to cross. Please join us in prayer for my studies here at the beginning of school.
Thank you all more than words can say,
Pete
6 comments:
You can do it Pete! Just think how awesome it will be to read the New Testament as it's originally written with all the hidden inflections and double meanings! We're praying for you! Bo and Sarah
thank you guys for the words of encouragement. i do look so forward to having an understanding of Greek as a tool for study and teaching. your support is amazing for us...thank you
Glad to know your new prayer requests, I'll pray for your strength, stamina, studing and time managment.
Love you.
MOM
hi there pete and kassie! yes, we read your blog@!and love it..received the letter in teh mail and we will certainly pray and give...this is a difficult time until josh works again but know that we will be a part of your ministry in helping you through it....we love y'all and believe so much that God's hand is working in yoru lives....and it would be a pleasure to be a part of that ...
clare...for both of us
Hey Y'all- it's exciting to hear how things are playing out as you step onto this new road. We're so proud and thrilled to be a part of this with you guys....look for our card in the mail soon!
Steph
Hey Y'all- we're excited to be a part of this new path you're taking. We love you and can't wait to see you guys in the fall. We'll get our support in the mail soon, keep an eye out!
Steph and Justin
Post a Comment