Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Aug 26th

Wow, I cant believe that it has been almost 3 weeks since my last update.  I am just going to make a list for you guys to keep this short and sweet so you do not get bogged down in a lot of reading. So here goes!

Praise:
- We celebrated our 4th anniversary this month and had an amazing day.  We decided to celebrate by spending time and not money this year since all these transitions we are taking a lot of time away from each other.  We had an amazing day hiking and talking and just catching up on the highlights from year 4 and dreams for 5.  We agreed it was our best anniversary yet and decided to make spending time instead of money our new anniversary tradition.  (not that Kassie is going to argue with some flowers and nice dinner! : )
-On that same note.  We have just moved into a new season of celebrating our life and marriage together.  God has been so faithful in using us in each others lives to meet so many needs that have come about emotionally and spiritually in this new season.  It has been such an encouragement for our marriage to rise to the occasion under new pressures.  Pray this continues with the long academic and ministry road ahead.
-ALL OUR SUPPORT HAS COME IN! Man it is amazing to see how so many of you have given of your finances so that we can have this scholarship!  If people are able to follow through with their commitments, we will be able to maintain the scholarship for 3yrs!  Amazing! THANK YOU ALL FOR GIVING IN  SO MANY WAYS! 
-I am really enjoying Greek.  Such a gift that it is coming to me with such joy.  It is a lot of work, and hard, but so rewarding and motivating.  The Lord is really ministering to me as I study this language, it has been so spiritual and I love it.  

Pray:
-Continue to pray for Greek!  I have my first test Monday and though I love learning this material I am still behind where I need to be.  Pray I can catch up and be ready for the first test.
-Pray for energy.  I have been very tiered lately with some long study and work days.  
-Pray for us financially as a whole.  God is meeting our needs and showing us so much about stewardship and resources.  It is an amazing season of faith that he has given us AMAZING peace in.  We still live in that faith that I am going to get a weekend project or we will get a photo shoot just at the right time to meet our need for the day.  

FYI: I will not be driving to Charlotte this semester for classes.  During orientation two weekends ago I realized I have to take two classes that I was not planning to take.  They are easily taken online and have to be completed in my first year, so I am switching my schedule around to work from home until February 2009.  That will be good for us in a lot of ways.  It will save us gas money and let be more involved in weekend photo shoots and construction opportunities.  

Well that is enough for you to read in one sitting!  Hope you are all well and we would love to hear from you any time....Pete (for Pete and Kassie) 

2 comments:

USANDCO said...

Good to hear the update of where you are and how things are coming together for you in your life,relationship, school, and work. Enjoyed the post.

MOM

clare adams said...

hey there! love keeping up with y'all through this...so excited how the Lord has just been BLESSING you both so much...that is just beautiful...yoru anniversary sounds like it was so fun...i like the no money just time idea a lot...ok..off to bed...love you both clare