Saturday, January 31, 2009

CPAC

Well I received a bit of encouragement lately about this blog that people are reading and I need to just do more short updates. Now this is a huge exercise of discipline of the will for me. As many of you may know that I am a bit of a perfectionist and highly analytical, so just jotting notes that go out to the masses without a good 20 or 30 proof reads along with a final proof from my wife is almost an emotional impossibility. But here goes, installment 1 of stream of conscious, barely edited blogging!

I really just want to let all of you know how grateful we are for your prayers for us during the last week. Our experience at Church Planters Assessment was one of the hardest and most rewarding experiences of our lives. I could write pages about the experience. However, the most important thing for you to know is that your prayers were felt and answered. God worked amazing things in our lives over those four days. We received amazing affirmation of our call to plant a church, defined direction of what that church is supposed to "look like," and supernatural encouragement from the people that we encountered and interacted with through the process. So thank you for your prayers. We got home on Thursday afternoon and are about recovered sleep and energy wise. We are looking forward to being able to unpack and communicate this experience more clearly over the next weeks and months, and look forward to sharing some of those learnings here.

Grace and Peace,

Pete

1 comment:

USANDCO said...

Your unedited stream of consciousness was welcomed and enjoyable :-) It's great to hear updates and how things are moving forward. Keep the posts coming, raw or refined! love y'all
-Steph