We have walked through many geographical, social, professional, and academic transitions over the last four years. Each time believing that the Lord was taking us through seasons of baby steps that he was using to mature us individually and as a couple. We are now at a place in life where we are privileged to look back and see the value in the things we have been through. We believe God is showing us that the next step is into a more formal season of training. Pete will begin graduate school at Gordon- Conwell Theological Seminary this fall for his Masters of Arts in Biblical Studies.
a. Pete has been accepted into Gordon-Conwell’s Partnership Program. The program involves extracurricular activities designed to help students learn valuable stewardship skills for their ministry careers. Each member of the program (other Gordon-Conwell graduate students) raises a team of supporters to make tax-deductible contributions to the trust. Those able to successfully raise the minimum amount of support reduce the cost of tuition by 67%. To qualify we have to establish from a church or other source an annual gift of $500, and a team that is willing to give a total of $210 a month for the duration of the masters program. We are hoping to finish the program by the end of 2010 or early 2011. It is our desire to gather a team of at least 21 people giving $10 a month. However, if there are donors who feel as though they can give more than $10 a month, it will reduce the number of people who are needed to meet the Scholarship requirements. One time gifts are also appreciated and contribute to the balance of the scholarship. All contributions to this trust are tax deductible and you will receive a monthly receipt for your gift that includes an update from us. This is the primary need we have now from our Financial Partners. If we do not have the donors, we do not get the scholarship. The deadline for financial commitments is August 29th. Many of you will be receiving notices in the mail soon. However, if this is something that you would like to be a part of, please e-mail us and make sure we have your mailing address. These support team members should also subscribe to the blog to receive our periodic updates.
b. Non-tax-deductible contributions can also be made to Pete’s tuition balance and books through the student account.
c. Finally, you can support us by using and promoting Kassie’s new photography business. We have recently started this new enterprise and we are hoping that the business will generate enough income to pay our living expenses and allow Pete to go to school full-time. So if you need a photographer, or know someone who does, we would love to serve you in this way! Check out her work at www.echoesphotography.com.
10 comments:
Wow!
Let me begin by saying I've never posted something or "blogged." I don't even know if that's the right word for it. This is worthy of me stepping out of my technological comfort zone. We would love to join with you guys in prayer during this adventure. You can count us in for the monthly contribution and we would also like Ansley to have her first "official" pictures taken by Kassie. We love you guys and wait with great expectation to see what God is up to in your family.
Joy and Brian
you guys are awesome...make sure to subscribe to the blog (at the bottom of the page :) thank you so much for all your love and support....pete
Hi Pete and Kassie,
I think it's amazing the dream and vision GOD has put on both of your hearts. Count me in for prayer and financial help. As for the pictures, I'll pass. I know you need the camera for revenue purposes and you don't want your camera broken when my picture is taken. '-)
Love you guys !
~Wayne
Thank you so much Wayne for your support. your heart to be involved means so much to us.
PeteandKassie
Pete, This is de ja vu. I know so much what you are facing and thinking. I wouldn't trade our experience at seminary 25 years ago for anything and I know you will feel the same as you see God respond to this opportunity to meet your various needs.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jer 29:11
We can never believe God in vain, believe for the best!
Dad and I will be there for you and Kassie in any way we can counting it a privilege and an honor.
MOM
Hey, I'm happy to be "in common" with both of you. I love yeah God moments in our journey with him and look forward to hearing about yours in the posts to come on your site. You have my support!
Love you,
Beck
I can't even tell you two how much of an honor it is be a part of your life even though distance physically separates us. Kassie, I love it that you are using your gifts to bless others through art and Pete , I am so happy that you are at a point where you can follow a dream that has been on your heart for so long. Your friendship to us both is cherished and we look forward to seeing where life takes you. We would love to come alongside you both spiritually and monetarily.
Love you both,
Niki
It's a thrill to know you both and to participate in your journey on a number of levels! I extend to you both my brotherly love. And I praise the Lord for how He has and is currently working in your lives - and how He uses you both so wonderfully to work in the lives of others. To know you both and to have our lives overlap in such meaningful ways has been a blessing. It's an honor and a joy to be your enthusiastic supporter and a participant in this beautiful journey!
Praying for you two. Praying
God will continue to guide and bless your steps. I'm so glad you are in seminary, Pete, and love that Kass is finding one of her callings- You both are using talent, knowledge, wisdom, and prayer. Love you both.
I loved hearing your story and the journey God is leading you on... what an awesome one - full of unknowns and uncertainty, but isn't it awesome that God knows the future and His plans are AWESOME for you both... I am so excited to see your faith and passionate desire to know and love Him with all your hearts! You truly encouraged me today! I am excited to have the opportunity to pray for you both - protection for both of you in your intimacy with Christ - nurture that - keep that daily intimacy growing... protection of your marriage, and peace for your future! I'm proud of y'all and look forward to continuing the journey with ya!!
Jess
Post a Comment