
Once upon a coffee cup.
My hands press into the countertop. I hover over...
visions of fame, fortune, flashing bulbs, fit figure and glittering smiles.
the flash of recognition for selflessness, of praise, of awareness, of confidence. I desire.
This day's hours will not hold.
I breathe in the full, rolling steam.
oh where did my pure heart fly off to? oh when did my humbleness choose another course? oh why did my mind turn to its own idols?
I taste it through my other senses.
oh where will my bleeding heart mend? oh when will my humbleness be restored? oh why will my mind surrender- finally, fully?
Thick cream drips into the black abyss. A swirling cloud rolls forth.
I grow and change: beautifully and disgustingly. This entanglement of good and evil, this typhoon of laughter and despair. This battle of sunlight and lightning.
Where is the perfect marriage of confidence and faith?
Over a full cup of coffee, brimming to the edge.
I drink.
In this moment the depth of Your lips fill the surface of mine. Oh Lord, pour yourself within me. Fill in the crevasses of my inner self.
No comments:
Post a Comment